DID YOU KNOW?
- It has been estimated that about 1/3 of travelling Canadians leave the country with absolutely no coverage;
- It is estimated that 21 % of travellers will require medical attention;
- Of these, 40% will not have any coverage;
- Provincial health plans cover only about 9 % of out-of-country medical expenses;
- The average out-of-pocket cost per hospital stay in the U.S. is over $15,000 with some expenses being as high as $100,000 or more;
- Even travel in Canada can result in out-of- pocket costs for medical treatment due to the differences between provincial plans;
- Some countries (such as Cuba) and many cruise ships require proof of travel insurance.